Sunday, April 05, 2015

Vinyl log 1 - April 5

DayMonthYearArtistTitle
05April1974Peter HammillThe silent corner and the empty stage

I was in my gap year in Israel when I was given this record. My parents came to visit me from Britain and this is one of the gifts which they bore. As I recall, the visit wasn't very successful, probably because I didn't arrange anywhere for them to stay. After a few days on the kibbutz, they went to stay in Netanya with people they had met on a previous visit.

As for the record: gatefold sleeve with a strange picture of Peter and hand written lyrics. As frequently happens, the first side was very strong whereas the second side required more effort to appreciate. Most of the songs from this record are on my mobile music player so I hear them fairly frequently.

I had been in sporadic communication with Peter for a few years at the time of this record's release, but I don't remember that he wrote anything about 'Silent corner'. Unfortunately those letters got lost several years ago so I can't refer to anymore. 

[SO: 3881; 3,15,36
MPP: 582; 1, 2, 6]

No comments: